Since the message is built in both cases, payload accessing part
performance would be similar. But in the Synapse log, publishing is also
synchronous(writing it to the file). But in Publish event mediator, after
reading the message, publishing is asynchronous. So, I'm under the
impression that, the second part should be more performant in publish event
mediator.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.