Hi Pranavan,

Here I've added Asantha, who implemented the MongoDB support for IS 5.1.0
in the Google Summer of Code project. If you have any questions on the
current implementation, you can get them clarified from him.

For getting this to work on IS 5.5.0, you can clone
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-kernel and checkout to v4.4.26 tag. Build
the org.wso2.carbon.user.core component and add it as a patch to IS 5.5.0.

Then you can remote debug the AbstractUserStoreManager [1] class to see if
there are any incompatibilities.

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-kernel/blob/v4.4.26/core/org.wso2.carbon.user.core/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/user/core/common/AbstractUserStoreManager.java

Regards,