Hi Omindu,

Please find my thoughts on this.

According to " OAuth 2.0 Token Introspection" specification [1] these value
should be based on original access token, And *exp, iat, nbf* values should
use the format, defined in the
"JSON Web Token (JWT)" specification [2].
When we create a JWT out of this, yes there is a confusion. Because [2] JWT
spec define these value specific to the new JWT token that we create.

Combining these two I interpret in this way.
1. With the *exp, iat, nbf  *in JWT spec define the time frame which this
JWT token is valid.
2. All the date in this JWT token is only valid till the original access
token is valid.
3. Then the validity of the JWT should be within the validity of original
access token.

So I think.
*iat : *should be the new JWT issuing time.
*nbf* : JWT issuing time or original nbf, if this is a future value.
*exp* : should be calculated with original exp time.

Thanks,
Ishara

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7662#page-6
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7519