Hi all,

With the help of eclipse community I got to know that they have removed
org.eclipse.osgi.service.resolver.PlatformAdmin service from the osgi
framework in Luna version and adding the
bundle: org.eclipse.osgi.compatibility.state to Carbon runtime feature
fixed the missing service issue. Now All the bundles which are in active
state with java 8 are in Active state with java 10 too.

Also the issue with CarbonConsoleAppender (NoClassDefFoundError: Could not
initialize class CarbonContextDataHolder) could be fixed by adding
deprecated javax classes back to the classpath. It fixed some other similar
issues which ware due to the missing javax.activation and javax.xml classes.
Now the logs are printed on the osgi terminal using the
CarbonConsoleAppender itself.

Now the only remaining issue with Carbon kernel (as it seems) is a set of
tomcat exceptions. I am currently working on it.

Thanks

--
*Tharindu Wijewardane*
*Senior Software Engineer*