Hi All,

I am currently having a requirement such as, SP can request specific claims
from an IdP. Then, IdP should issue those requested claims using a specific
claim dialect. (SP and IdP both request and issue claims based on the same
external claim dialect)

Let’s say I have an external claim dialect named as “
http://incommon.org/claims”. When an SP is configured into Identity Server,
SP should be able to select its Service Provider Claim Dialect as
http://incommon.org/claims. Then, it should be able to select requested
claims from that dialect.

In this case, I have tried the existing feature in the IS. But there are
mainly two methods to configure claim dialect for SP as below.

1. Use Local Claim Dialect

Here, can be configured the required external claim dialect for SP, but
there is no any mean to configure Requested Claims using the same dialect.
It only lets to select requested claims from local dialect. Therefore, IdP
can not recognize what claims should be issued. Following is the available
UI illustration for this.

2. Define Custom Claim Dialect
Here, can be configured any name as SP requested and also need to select
matching Local Claim from the local claim dialect. No any use of existing
dialects. But, if there is a dialect configured under “Service Provider
Claim Dialect” claims from the selected dialect are also issued by the IdP.
Following is the available UI illustration for this.

As my point of view, there is no way to fulfill my requirement (Mentioned
in the beginning) from both of this two methods. My idea is that there
should be a way to select Service Provider Claim Dialect from existing
claim dialects and then Requested Claims can be selected from that dialect
as SP needs. Also I have another concern that, although there is “Service
Provider Claim Dialect” option in UI for both of above two methods, is
there any correlation for them with this option?

Can anyone please suggest some ideas on this?
Thank you
Best Regards!

--
*Sahan Gunathilaka*