Hi,

If we validate the expired JWT token in the introspection endpoint it
prompts a error log with stack trace while sending the correct response to
the user. The detail stack trace is in [1]. This happens because we are
throwing an IdentityOAuth2Exception while checking the expiry time and
propagating to a point where we log the error with the stack trace.

There two viable solutions to this problem.
1. Creating a sub Exception extending the IdentityOAuth2Exception.
2. Creating an error code for this time expiration.

Then we can build the correct introspection response without logging the
stack trace if we encountered the exception or error code.

What would be the suitable solution to tackle this problem? Is there any
better way to handle this?

This problem will occur for IS servers that are
using identity-inbound-auth-oauth module v6.0.66 or above. The current
is-product in the master branch have this module.

[1]https://github.com/wso2/product-is/issues/4319

Thanks & Regards,
kumaaran
--