Hi Dinali,

Multiple profiles are used to store different attributes of the user with a
different context, right?

In that way, we can consider different schemas definition in SCIM (user
schema, enterpriseUser schema, etc) can be used to represent the multiple
profiles of a user?

Thanks,

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 6:33 PM Dinali Dabarera <din...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Ruwan,
>
> Multiple user profiles are only supported in JDBC user stores.
>
> If a user needs to manage his user details for public and private he can
> have two different profiles. For example, home profile which store personal
> data (home email, home mobile, home address, etc)and wso2 profiles which
> store wso2 details wso2 email, wso2 mobile, etc. We can view all the user
> profile names of a user and We can view user details based on the user
> profile.
>
> They are no many customers who use this multiple profile at the moment.
> One of our leading customer too uses different profiles for tenants when a
> tenant is created. Also applications like uber can have many profiles,
> hence this can be a valid reason as well.
>
> As per my findings, the main target of having profiles is to support
> multi-profile requirement of a user.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Dinali
>

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 12:30 PM Ruwan Abeykoon <ruw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dinali,
>> Can we list down the functionalities of the "user profile", and what it
>> is used for at current product versions. Then we can see what are our
>> options.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ruwan A
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 11:49 AM Dinali Dabarera <din...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Currently, we have RemoteUserStoreManagerService for user management
>>> purposes as a SOAP service. As a REST API, we use SCIM API for the user
>>> management applications. We do support multiple profiles per user.
>>>
>>> But in RemoteUserStoreManagement Service we have a method   called
>>> "getAllProfileNames" which return all authenticated users'  profile names.
>>> Furthermore, below API methods too use *profile* as an optional
>>> parameter.
>>> getUserClaimValues(String userName, String profileName)
>>> getUserClaimValue(String userName, String claim, String profileName)
>>> getUserList(String claimUri, String claimValue, String profile)
>>> getUserClaimValuesForClaims(String userName, String[] claims, String
>>> profileName)
>>>

>>> But if we are planing to deprecate this *RemoteUserStoreManagerService *in
>>> our future releases we can only use SCIM as the Rest API for user
>>> management applucations. We can do almost all the actions in
>>> RemoteUserStoreManagerService using SCIM API, except Profile details. SCIM
>>> does not support user profiles at the moment.
>>>
>>> We have below concerns regarding "user profiles", in our future releases.
>>>
>>>    - Are we still support user profiles in our future releases?
>>>    - If we are not supporting, what do we do to customers who will
>>>    migrate to our future releases? Are we thinking of any other alternative
>>>    for profiles?
>>>    -  If we support profiles, Shall we create a new Rest API for
>>>    profile management? or Shall we introduce new meta data for the current
>>>    SCIM API request and responses?
>>>

>>> Your  feedback on this is highly appreciated?
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>> Dinali
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Dinali Rosemin Dabarera*
>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>> IAM Domain
>>> WSO2 Lanka (pvt) Ltd.
>>> Web: http://wso2.com/
>>> Email : gdrdabar...@gmail.com
>>> LinkedIn <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/dinalidabarera>
>>> Mobile: +94770198933
>>>

>>> <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/dinalidabarera>

>> --
>> Ruwan Abeykoon | Director/Architect | WSO2 Inc.
>> (w) +947435800  | Email: ruw...@wso2.com
>>

> --
> *Dinali Rosemin Dabarera*
> Senior Software Engineer
> IAM Domain
> WSO2 Lanka (pvt) Ltd.
> Web: http://wso2.com/
> Email : gdrdabar...@gmail.com
> LinkedIn <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/dinalidabarera>
> Mobile: +94770198933
>

> <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/dinalidabarera>

--
Regards,

*Darshana Gunawardana*Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com

*E-mail: darsh...@wso2.com <darsh...@wso2.com>*
*Mobile: +94718566859*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware