[my first post seemed to jam somewhere, reposting]

Thanks for taking on the issue. My comments below.

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 05:52:09PM -0700, Cezar Andrei wrote:
> The jsr173_1.0_api.jar contains binaries for The Streaming API
> for XML (StAX), also known as JSR173. Since, BEA was the lead of this
JSR, it was responsible for making this binary under a
> publicly usable license under the JCP rules. Further more, the
> file jsr173_api.jar included in Sun's jwsdp-1.6\sjsxp\lib is the same
binary, under the same BEA.RI.LIC.txt license.

First, the jsr173_api.jar in Sun's jwsdp is not the same binary as Bea's.
To begin with, there is a different number of files
in each of them.

Secondly, I didn't find any documentation about BEA.RI.LIC.txt
applying to jsr173_api.jar. The documentation in Bea's distribution says
that that BEA.RI.LIC.txt applies to the "reference implementation but I
can't find anything that would define that jsr173_api.jar is part of the
reference implementation.

     Panu

--
   http://panu.hallfors.com