From: Dan Diephouse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:37 PM
To: dev@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: Re: New dot release of XmlBeans

I really hate to be a PITA, but... Any chance that we can get XMLBEANS-222 looked at before this is released? Its causing problems for XFire users.

But, other than that issue, a big +1 to this!

Cheers,
Dan

Radu Preotiuc-Pietro wrote:

Hi all,
it's now been more than 4 months since what I think has been the successful release of xmlbeans-2.0.0. We've had a few interesting issues reported since then (the one I remember most being XMLBEANS-120 :p) most of which are now fixed.

We have also added several very useful mini-features, such as support for entitization of characters on output, support for DTD's ID/IDREF mechanism, enabled column numbers by default and line/column number information for end-tags. And not least, got some licensing clould enveloping our use of jsr173 API cleared up. (see the complete list of changes at http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xmlbeans/trunk/CHANGES.txt)

Add to this the usual dose of small bugfixes, performance fixes and new

tests added and it looks to me that we are ripe for the first dot release in the V2 codeline.

I have uploaded the distribution archives built from the current sources on http://xmlbeans.apache.org/dist/

Let me know what you think, if everything all right I am going to follow up with the vote e-mail, Radu

Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC
http://netzooid.com