I was thinking about a build system, and the work to get there.
I read YETUS-125 and the rest of the email chains.

Seems as if there is still an open discussion on whether "make" or "gradle"
 would fit better with the project.

Might be easiest if there was first a change to the directory structure
after the next release.
That seems to be the most painful part, and seems like it would lend to the
next step of fitting in a build system.

I imagine something like this:

./src
./src/docs
./src/main
./src/main/bin
./src/main/java
./src/main/py
./src/test
./src/test/bin

Not sure if it would be best to have audience annotations, and pre-commit
and the others as main directories above the normal ./src
directories.

Would it be a good idea to open a Jira to discuss directory structure as a
first start?
Seems like that would be easiest to accomplish immediately after the next
release.

--
Casey J. Brotherton
Customer Operations Engineer