Github user zjffdu commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1228

    @Leemoonsoo
    * `$ZEPPELIN_HOME/interpreter/<interpreter_name>` is not in the classpath,
actually the jars under this folder are in the classpath. Although I can put
all the files under this folder on the classpath to allow user to put custom
config file there, I just feel it might not be the best approach as it would
introduce other issues.
     - what config file we should use if user also specify `hive-site.xml`
under `$SPARK_CONF_DIR` ?
     - what property we should use if there's conflict between these 2
`hive-site.xml` ? Do we allow override ?

    So in this PR, I don't allow user to put custom config file under
`$ZEPPELIN_HOME/interpreter/<interpreter_name>`, I would suggest user to put it
outside ZEPPELIN ($SPARK_CONF_DIR or $SPARK_HOME/conf), seems we use this
approach for hbase.
    * Windows related change and Migration doc are not done yet, will do that
after we make consensus on this approach.

---
with INFRA.
---