Github user beriaanirudh commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1283

    @jongyoul: I have incorported all feedback:
    1. Using ScheduledExecutorService for ensuring AppendOutputRunner is up,
instead of doing so inside the while loop.
    2. Synchronizing on the thread check and creation.
    3. Removed all Thread.sleep() from unit tests except for one test
"testClubbedData()" (which is basically a simulation of actual run). I am out
of ideas for that one... Please advice.. We could remove that test as well..

---
with INFRA.
---