Github user bzz commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1168

    Got it. Let's may be change PR title to WIP or even may be close it for now
but keep the branch and create a dedicated JIRA issue and link this work there?

    It's a bigger effort that we initially think, so we can add sub-tasts like
     - InteliJ formatter
     - Eclipse formatter
     - Build time check of the code conventions to conform our styleguide

    One problem that I can see though - it will be not very useful commit,
retrofitting whole codebase to the styleguilde: it will touch all the files in
the project and just re-formatting it. This complicates navigating the history
of changes and makes 'git blame' less useful.

    What would be great if we could provide consistent formatters for IDEs
first, advise everyone to use them AND then make mandatory style checks ONLY
for the new code.

    I think this should be possible! I can look into that.

    But we still need 2 consistent formatters.

---
with INFRA.
---