Github user Peilin-Yang commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1363

    @corneadoug I just found that Handsontable has its intrinsic data type
detection/conversion which we can rely on for the type conversion and is thus
safer. More details at http://docs.handsontable.com/0.28.0/Options.html#type
    I think it is more convenient to this and make the data type on column
basis so we do not worry about each individual cell.
    With the dropdown menu we provide users are more aware of the fact that the
data type is based on column, not the cell.
    Does this make any sense?

---
with INFRA.
---