Hi Andrea,

I don't know is there a way live debug without rebuild.

To reduce build time, i leverage IDE, (intellij, eclipse), they can quickly
build single file change into class without rebuild whole modules.

In case of you need to build module, using -pl switch supported by maven
could help a lot. You can include maven modules like -pl
'module1,module2,...' or exclude modules like -pl '!module1,!module2...' .
So using -pl flag, you can build only part of the project.

For example when i change backend and want to test, i usually build the
project

mvn -DskipTests -pl 'zeppelin-interpreter,zeppelin-zengine,zeppelin-server'

which saves time spending on building interpreters and front-end, which i
don't need to rebuild.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
moon