GitHub user zjffdu opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1452

    ZEPPELIN-1442. UDF can not be found due to 2 instances of SparkSession is
created

    ### What is this PR for?
    The issue is that we create 2 SparkSession in zeppelin_pyspark.py (Because
we create SQLContext first which will create SparkSession underlying). This
cause 2 instances of SparkSession in JVM side and this means we have 2
instances of Catalog as well. So udf registered in SQLContext can be used in
SparkSession. This PR will create SparkSession first and then assign its
internal SQLContext to sqlContext in pyspark.

    ### What type of PR is it?
    [Bug Fix]

    ### Todos
    * [ ] - Task

    ### What is the Jira issue?
    * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-1442

    ### How should this be tested?
    Integration test is added.

    ### Screenshots (if appropriate)

![image](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/164491/18774832/7f270de4-818f-11e6-9e4f-c4def4353e5c.png)

    ### Questions:
    * Does the licenses files need update? No
    * Is there breaking changes for older versions? No
    * Does this needs documentation? No

    …

    $ git pull https://github.com/zjffdu/zeppelin ZEPPELIN-1442

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1452.patch

    This closes #1452

----
commit 948e8657634686f16a405b3938884a5fe48dfc1c
Author: Jeff Zhang <zjf...@apache.org>
Date:   2016-09-23T05:08:49Z

    ZEPPELIN-1442. UDF can not be found due to 2 instances of SparkSession is
created

----

---
with INFRA.