Github user sadikovi commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1499

    @jongyoul yes, you are right, it was built mainly for Spark, and I have
taken a naive approach of showing progress info only when non-empty array is
returned, otherwise you will not see progress info link. By default, method
`getProgressInfo()` returns empty list, so all interpreters will not show
anything and will evaluate result as they normally do. Spark interpreter only
shows link when job is being executed, otherwise it is no-op in backend and UI.

    I feel like my approach is not particularly elegant. Do you have any
suggestions on what way it would be better to implement this feature? Should I
add flag that disables/enables it globally?

---
with INFRA.
---