Github user bzz commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1689

    Interesting, that is the first time I see it! AFAIK `spark-csv` has been
included in Spark since 2.0

    The failing profile is Spark 1.6 with **Scala 2.11**, but it fails on
fetching `spark-csv_2.10` which seems to me as almost the right thing to happen
(to avoid runtime errors)...

    This artefact seems to be fine, published on central and sonatype
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.databricks/spark-csv_2.10/1.3.0

    May be we need to update `./dev/change_scala_version.sh` to take care of
the version literal here as well and see if that helps?

    Another way is to let maven `resource-plugin` replace it with actual
version on build time, and use smth like `${scala.version}` in the Java code.
Default property value can be set to 2.10 and override it though SCALA_VERSION
env var, but this is not very IDE-friendly as they tend to do custom builds for
you, skipping lifecycle definition from time to time, but the default value in
the code like `${scala.version}` would not be very useful. So resource-plugin
way actually seems to me to complicated and we usually try to avoid it.

    What do you think, @1ambda ?

    Or another, simplest, way could be - create a separate JIRA issue for Scala
version mismatch in tests(if that is the case here), move the
feedback\discussion there and handle it in subsequent PRs. But just re-trigger
CI here, to see if it is reproducible.

---
with INFRA.
---