Github user andreaTP commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2322

    Looking at the code it looks quite harmful also the pattern used
[here](https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-interpreter/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/interpreter/remote/RemoteInterpreterEventClient.java#L138),

[here](https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-interpreter/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/interpreter/remote/RemoteInterpreterEventClient.java#L191)
 and
[here](https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-interpreter/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/interpreter/remote/RemoteInterpreterEventClient.java#L245)

    if anything goes wrong the Thread can stay in `wait` status potentially
forever and operations performed there are all but not transactional.

    Could I ask if somebody can at least provide some kind of deadline also for
those?
    Better will be a little refactoring using something like
[ConcurrentHashMap](https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ConcurrentHashMap.html)
 for operations.

    I can even do the refactoring if I have positive feedbacks, anyhow I
believe this PR is ok as is and I open a new issue and new PR in case.

---
with INFRA.
---