Github user echarles commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2637

    @matyix I have a local spark-k8s setup and have this branch (without
success so far, so debugging SparkK8RemoteInterpreterManagedProcess to tackle
down the issue). A few questions:

    + I see that in case of 'k8s://...' master, the
'SparkK8RemoteInterpreterManagedProcess' is first search for a driver pod
starting with prefix `zri-` - Does that mean I have to manually instanciate
that pod?
    + If created one such pod, and for now, if the pod is found, the
'SparkK8RemoteInterpreterManagedProcess' considers at as "remote process" -
Actually, you don't create a process via the classical zeppelin
'interpreter.sh' command. Right?
    + Then, I receive `java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused`.

    Would the classical `spark-submit` via `interpreter.sh` not be another
option? Did you try it? Here, using that approach, the driver is created but
exits directly. I guess https://github.com/apache-spark-on-k8s/spark/pull/402
would help.

---