Github user kjmrknsn commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2658

    I noticed that the JGit minimum execution environment became Java 8 from
JGit 4.6.

    https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.jgit/releases/4.6
    > Update JGit minimum execution environment to JavaSE-1.8

    When I ran Zeppelin by Java 7, the following message was shown and Zeppelin
could not be launched.

    ```
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/eclipse/jgit/lib/Repository : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
            at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:442)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:64)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:347)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:312)
            at
org.apache.zeppelin.notebook.repo.NotebookRepoSync.<init>(NotebookRepoSync.java:80)
            at
org.apache.zeppelin.server.ZeppelinServer.<init>(ZeppelinServer.java:127)
Method)
            at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
            at
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
            at
org.glassfish.hk2.utilities.reflection.ReflectionHelper.makeMe(ReflectionHelper.java:1350)
            at org.jvnet.hk2.internal.Utilities.justCreate(Utilities.java:1009)
            ... 30 more
    ```

    Is it OK for Zeppelin not to support Java 7?

---