Github user avnerl commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/3258

[ffca03c](https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/commit/ffca03cbd4c9d6cb756eef1b21a1319f8d8c5759)

    > ah, that would make different versions of beam with scala-2.10 or
scala-2.11.

    > is there a scio version that works with scala-2.11? what if we upgrade
the supported version of beam and scio in all profile?

    we don't have much choice here. beam was never crossed built with scala.
starting version 2.3.0 it is built with 2.11 only (prior versions with 2.10).
    so changing scala version implies changing beam version as well.
    scio 0.2.4 is cross built with both 2.10 and 2.11, so it is already being
taken care of.

---