Thank you for your replies! I've checked existing set of issues and found
several curious ones:
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-3651 seems to be very nice
way to increase analytical processing performance using Arrow project;
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-3994 deploying models
regardless of ZeppelinServer sounds quite intriguing too. Although there is
much to think about;
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-4018 at first glance
https://airflow.apache.org/ seems to be useful in implementing complex
execution workflows.
Those tasks are global and intriguing, requiring complex architectural
solutions.
Also I've probably found the ticket which is suitable for me to get
involved into the project:
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-3857. What do you think?
Are there any "low hanging fruits"?

And I have several ideas on my own. Some of them might be not relevant due
to the vision of the project or other reasons. Just ideas:
- OLAP. As Zeppelin is a tool aimed at analytics, it seems to be quite
logical to add more integrations with existing OLAP solutions like Pinot,
ClickHouse and Druid. Currently I've found integration only with Kylin;
- Better autocompletion. Jupyter offers not only a list of already
initialized variables, but also quick access to documentation. It's
convenient;
- Notifications. Some colleagues would have appreciated the notifications
service, which sends you messages (via mail, Slack bot or something else)
indicating that your long-running paragraphs has completed.

Feedback is very appreciated :)

It would be wonderful if someone agreed to sacrifice his time and become a
mentor in GSOC program!

Best regards, Basil Morkovkin.

вт, 5 мар. 2019 г. в 11:48, Jongyoul Lee <jongy...@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I've confirmed I could add more issues for GSOC. Can you explain what you
> would like to contribute to? I can add more issues
>
> JL
>
> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 1:03 PM Xun Liu <neliu...@163.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Vasiliy Morkovkin
>>
>> Welcome to the zeppelin community! :-)
>>
>> > 在 2019年3月5日,上午11:49,Jongyoul Lee <jongy...@gmail.com> 写道:
>> >
>> > Thanks for contacting Zeppelin with your interest.
>> >
>> > I added FE topics for GSOC because FE is the most urgent issue I have
>> > thought about. We always encourage to contribute Zeppelin with several
>> > topics including your idea.
>> >
>> > Please describe something more.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > JL