I am also "kind of" ok with removing the checked exceptions. But there are
a couple of places where java.lang.Exception is declared in the interface,
as a convenience to the user implementing it. Unless really strong reasons,
I think that should remain, and perhaps even be extended where users are
implementing.

Cheers
Niclas

--