One other thing to keep in mind with this model. The RM is responsible for
backporting (or working with the author to backport) any issues that go into
a fix release. Today we require authors to provide patches for both the fix
branch and the trunk (for fixes). If changes are committed to the trunk, and
at some point a RM steps up to create a fix release, those changes need to
be applied to the fix branch. Granted, this seems to fit well with Ben's
original suggestion of limiting the number of fixes that go into fix
releases. It's a step away from what our users have come to expect though -
that we essentially maintain a fix release branch with most/all fixes, as
well as a new feature development branch (trunk).

Patrick