As part of the release process, we only copy the documentation, see it here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToRelease
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToRelease>

I think the reason we have gone this way is to avoid issues compiling the
documentation at the time that we are preparing a release candidate or after
voting on a release candidate. We could for sure build the documentation right
before generating the first rc for a release and create blocker jiras in the
case there is any issue.

-Flavio