I recall it was done in the past. Maven Central Snapshots is available here:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/> - though, I could be
misremembering. Apache has a snapshots directory:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots> - Anyway, if you
use the Apache parent pom it gets deployed to the right place. But, I don't
know about ZooKeeper's ant file.

-Jordan