Github user karanmehta93 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/307

    ZooKeeper is a complex distributed application. There are many reasons why
any given read or write operation may become slow: a software bug, a protocol
problem, a hardware issue with the commit log(s), a network issue. If the
problem is constant it is trivial to come to an understanding of the cause.
However in order to diagnose intermittent problems we often don't know where,
or when, to begin looking. We need some sort of timestamped indication of the
problem. Although ZooKeeper is not a datastore, it does persist data, and can
suffer intermittent performance degradation, and should consider implementing a
'slow query' log, a feature very common to services which persist information
on behalf of clients which may be sensitive to latency while waiting for
confirmation of successful persistence.

    @hanm FYI

---
with INFRA.