I'd like to fix it as my company and probably many others are now using it in
production. The question is how to fix it safely and correctly. Is email the
best way to discuss this? Jira? Something else?

I must say that there appears to be a trivial fix but I need the ZK committers
to think about this. In SessionTrackerImpl#initializeNextSession() only some of
the server ID bits are used. We could easily just mask the 2 high bits as well.
But, what are the implications of this? Where is this serverId byte used? What
must be double checked?

-Jordan