Github user phunt commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/440

    I like the idea of moving to dropwizard vs our own homebrew. Seems like it
would allow us richer insight for metrics. Here are my concerns:

    1) performance. Do we know the impact of this library vs our homebrew? Both
in the small and the large.

    2) likely this change will go into master (3.6.0+) - impact on backports.
I'm assuming we would want to take advantage of this library across the board.
(can we do that? I assume yes?)

    3) I believe I recommended on the original PR separating the new metric
from introducing new dependencies. I still believe that's the quickest way to
get the feature addressed, vs introducing new metrics functionality.  Can we
commit #415 independently of this change?

---