Github user hanm commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/676

    >> Since there are no releases in curator 2.x for more than one year, I'm
not sure CURATOR-409 will be fixed in 2.x and the maintenance release will be
released soon.

    How hard is it to do a back port and make a new 2.x release? This seems the
most reasonable solution to me for this specific problem given Curator already
did the fix for 4.x, and this approach has added benefit of patching existing
ZK releases without requiring a new ZK release (we kind of very slow on release
zookeeper, if not slower than Curator).

---