Github user lvfangmin commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/689

    @tumativ There is a very short window that we'll still add the dead watcher
to the cleaner thread, I don't expect that will add too much GC overhead for
these small amount of dead watch bits.

    For your 2nd point, you can interrupt and wait for this thread to exit
using join, although I'm not sure it's worth to, give these clean up could be
done in background without affecting us starting a new ZK server with new
ZKDatabase.

    So I still prefer to simply interrupt instead of this change, both from
complexity (which also means error-prone and hard to maintain in the future)
and efficient sacrificed here.

---