Interesting. It was working yesterday after the move so I ended up moving a
handful of "git-wip-us" jenkins jobs over to git.apache.org, which was the
majority by far. That site must have stopped working after I looked. Based
on what I see from google and protocol 2 the canonical now seems to be
https:

https://opensource.googleblog.com/2018/05/introducing-git-protocol-version-2.html

Patrick