Il giorno ven 4 gen 2019 alle ore 17:04 Norbert Kalmar
<nkal...@cloudera.com.invalid> ha scritto:

> +1 for Netty 4 in 3.5
>
> Pretty much all the pros and cons has been said before me.
> I would only add that this is not a new functionality that we wan't to
> backport. It's a criticall(ish?) bugfix, which requires quite a bit of
> change unfortunately.
>
> Regards,
> Norbert
>
> On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 4:36 PM Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > What are those patches exactly?
> >
> > Comparing the ported version of 3.5 with master I’ve only found 2 patches
> > which are missing:
> >
> > ZOOKEEPER-3146 Limit the maximum client connections per IP in
> > NettyServerCnxnFactory
> > ZOOKEEPER-3177 Refactor request throttle logic in NIO and Netty to keep
> > the same behavior and make the code easier to maintain
> >
> > None of them are critical I would say.
> > Is there anything else I’m missing?

I have compared the histories and I think Andor you are right.

master:
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/commits/master

branch-3.5:
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/commits/branch-3.5

Sorry I was thinking to the amount of patches related to TLS stuff ,
but they are not related to Netty 4.

What about branch 3.4 ?
We don't have reconfig but the case "Start embedded ZK, stop it and
try to restart on the same port" should apply as well.

Enrico