Il mer 22 mag 2019, 09:59 Tamas Penzes <tam...@cloudera.com.invalid> ha
scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> There is trend among Apache projects to minimise the content of the main
> project and move not crucial parts into separate repos. I mostly prefer the
> mono-repo style development, but in some cases where the connection between
> the main project and a subproject is weak I find this idea supportable.
>
> We have discussed it earlier that it might be a good idea to move the
> zookeeper-contrib and zookeeper-recipes into separate repositories still
> maintained by the ZooKeeper team, but I would be curious about your
> opinion.
>
> Do you find this idea useful?
> What do you think, what would be the pros and cons for such separation?

I guess that if we separate those modules they will soon be out of sync
with the latest master.
We won't ever 'release' them and/or try to compile againts latest zookeeper
version.

I feel 'recipes' should stay in the repo as they are like a reference live
guide about using zookeeper.

Are 'contrib' modules in use?

If the answer is 'no' we should drop them.
Current versions will stay on git forever but we won't maintain them anymore

Enrico