Il dom 18 ago 2019, 03:26 Zili Chen <wander4...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Of course I volunteer to do.

Great

> To clarify the process, we want to merge checkstyle-strict.xml into
> checkstyle.xml and thus turn on rules in current checkstyle-strict.xml
> on project level, while also removing configurations in plugins field
> of pom.xml in submodules. Is this process expected?

Yes

We don't need to apply checkstyle-strict.xml to 'contrib' it is another big
work that is it not worth to do, as such Java modules are not maintained.

It would be awesome to have only one invocation of the checkstyle plugin
per module.

Maybe we can just call the simple checkstyle.xml from the parent module of
recipes and of contrib, but I did not try

Enrico