On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 12:22 AM Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Patrick,
> If you prefer I can send a patch for. the exclusion of
> [ERROR] netty-tcnative-2.0.48.Final.jar: CVE-2021-43797, CVE-2019-16869,
> CVE-2015-2156, CVE-2021-37136, CVE-2014-3488, CVE-2021-37137,
> CVE-2019-20445, CVE-2019-20444, CVE-2021-21295, CVE-2021-21409,
> CVE-2021-21290
>
> That said, this won't affect the goodness of the RC.
>
> Our code is safe and the dependencies we use are safe:
> - to me it looks like those are false positive or at least not related
> to ZooKeeper
> - we are not using Netty TC Native features, it is a dependency we
> inherit, and probably ZooKeeper works well without it
>
> Thank you all of taking time to test the release

NP. My concern is highlighted by this (your) response. You had to say all
this to explain why the build is failing on a simple security check.
Post-log4shell folks are really sensitive to security issues, as they
should be, as we all should be. Its very important that we take security
seriously. If I download the release, and run the owasp check it fails. I
then have questions in my mind why. All that you explained here, while
perfectly reasonable, it won't be available to me at that point. I think
rather we should ensure that releases are solid/clean before we push them.
This is a simple thing to fix before we go through the entire process of
verifying/releasing a new version.

Hopefully this explains my concerns.

Regards,

Patrick