Hello,

I would like to reach out to the community to see if there are any inputs
on the Admin server authentication and authorization.

We are looking into adding the snapshot and restore command to the admin
server. Thanks for the work from maoling.
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1044. In addition to providing the
commands, we also want to make sure only authenticated admin users can
issue the commands.

I came across the following comment in
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/917.

ZooKeeperAdmin supports all sorts of authentications built in ZK and we can
extend it such that only admin (or any users that explicitly being granted
admin access to cluster) can issue snap command.

It seems that ZookeerAdmin doesn't have support for auth. The auth on the
reconfig is implemented using write permission on /zookeeper/config node.
I wonder if there has been any discussions on adding auth support to the
Admin Server commands.

Thanks,

Li