Ben,

Il Gio 5 Gen 2023, 20:45 Ben Johnston <ben.johns...@cofense.com.invalid> ha
scritto:

> Hello,
>
> I am an app sec engineer for a company who uses Zookeeper. I would like to
> join the slack as a guest to get some visibility on the release process,

We are not using slack for communication about those things.

There is a global ASF slack space, usually open only to committers +
guests, and we have a zookeeper channel. But it is only meant for informal
quick chats, like pinging someone for review.

Discussions happen here on dev@ and if you want to report a new issue you
have to use security zookeeper.apache.org that is a private list.

especially as it relates to updating library versions to fix CVEs. My team
> is tracking several CVEs
>
> CVE-2022-42003/4
> CVE-2020-36518
> CVE-2022-41915
>
> We’re on the 3.8 version. Thanks!

 Those CVEs are about library upgrades.

Can you please double check if we already upgraded those libraries?

I think that it would only be a matter of cutting a release. It has been
quite some time that we didn't cut a release out of the 3.8 branch. We can
do it.

Jackson is usually easily upgradable and Netty requires only some testing.

If you can't wait for a release you could upgrade those libraries and build
your package

Thanks

Enrico