= Proposed System Wide Change: OpenSSL 1.1.0 =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/OpenSSL110

Change owner(s):
* Tomas Mraz <tmraz AT redhat DOT com>

Rebase of OpenSSL package to 1.1.0 version

== Detailed Description ==
Update the OpenSSL library to the 1.1.0 branch in Fedora to bring
multiple big improvements, new cryptographic algorithms, and new API
that allows for keeping ABI stability in future upgrades. We will also
add compat openssl102 package so the applications and other
dependencies which are not ported yet to the new API continue to work.

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
Prepare and test rebased openssl package. Prepare and test compat
openssl102 package. Help with patching and rebuilding dependent
packages.

* Other developers:
Patch and rebuild your package if it uses OpenSSL library (proposal
owner will help).

* Release engineering:
N/A unless we decide that separate branch is needed. Mass rebuild will
not help as the packages have to be patched for the API changes.

* List of deliverables:
N/A

* Policies and guidelines:
N/A