On Oct 1, 2009, at 9:45 PM, Matthew wrote:

> As some of you may know, I've been working on a Smooth Operator 2 with
> the idea that it would go into Adium 1.4, and there's also been talk
> of including yMous. More info on SO2 is available at
> http://trac.adium.im/wiki/CreatingMessageStyles/SandBox/SmoothOperator2,
> and both can be downloaded from
> http://hg.adium.im/xtras/mathuaerknedam .
>
> At this point both are at a convenient point to add in terms of style
> bugs. However, there are a few relevant Adium bugs as well as a few
> relevant feature requests that need to be resolved (summarized at the
> bottom of SO2 wiki page. I don't *need* the bugs fixed or the features
> added, but I *DO* need to know whether to workaround the
> bug/nonfeature.
>
> SO2 is not complete, there are a few features from the previous beta
> that have not yet been re-implemented. You can look at todo.txt in the
> style bundle for a summary of those and other things I hope to do with
> SO2.
>
> yMous is currently waiting on a patch in
> http://trac.adium.im/ticket/11872. (I know a rewrite of the keyword
> substitution mechanism has been discussed in IRC, but I don't believe
> that it is planned for 1.4.)
>
> (As an aside, there are probably a few other patches I've submitted
> that I'd certainly enjoy seeing reviewed and applied.)
>

> To bring this back around to styles in 1.4, what styles will be
> bundled in 1.4? I *might* have time to update bundled styles to
> support mention highlighting or other things, but I need to know
> what's going to be there. None of the currently included styles use
> %messageClasses%, so it might take a bit to add mention support while
> making sure that the automatic classing doesn't interfere with the
> existing classing. And of course, the mention notifications need added
> in the spirit of the existing style. They would probably benefit from
> a complete rewrite, but that would definitely take time. Perhaps the
> original authors could help with this, but I've gotten the impression
> that once a style is bundled with Adium the original author tends to
> stop being involved (for whatever reason).

If Smooth Operator 2 is ready for 1.4, I'd be quite happy to see it added.  I
don't see a bugs list at the bottom of SO2's wiki page anymore; does that mean
all the known bugs are fixed?

If it's not known to be ready, we can add it in a near-future release. No need
to add extra stresses to getting 1.4 out the door this week.

Cheers,
Evan

p.s. Yes, this email from 10/2009 has been flagged in my one of my inboxes that
long. Yes, that's where I am. Yes, I'm working towards inbox-zero at which
point I'm going to do better! :)