It worked for me:

Naitaka:~ mathuaerknedam$ hg clone https://hg.adium.im/adium scr/adium-new

warning: connecting to hg.adium.im using legacy security technology
(TLS 1.0); see https://mercurial-scm.org/wiki/SecureConnections for
more info

warning: connecting to hg.adium.im using legacy security technology
(TLS 1.0); see https://mercurial-scm.org/wiki/SecureConnections for
more info

warning: connecting to hg.adium.im using legacy security technology
(TLS 1.0); see https://mercurial-scm.org/wiki/SecureConnections for
more info

requesting all changes

warning: connecting to hg.adium.im using legacy security technology
(TLS 1.0); see https://mercurial-scm.org/wiki/SecureConnections for
more info

adding changesets

adding manifests

adding file changes

added 5951 changesets with 69292 changes to 34410 files (+10 heads)

warning: connecting to hg.adium.im using legacy security technology
(TLS 1.0); see https://mercurial-scm.org/wiki/SecureConnections for
more info

updating to branch default

6538 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

--

Matthew