On 06/11/19 11:51, Leif Lindholm wrote:
> Hi Wu Hao,
>
> I am working on a proposal (and proof-of-concept) machine readable
> Maintainers.txt format, and a GetMaintainer.py script, based on the
> format used by QEMU.
>
> One of the key features of that format is the F: tag, which specifes a
> filesytem path (with wildcard support).

This is great news! QEMU's pathnames are very flexible.

> While this is just an RFC in progress (to be sent out later in week),
> if you could take that into account, and figure out which paths
> correspond to which areas of responsibility, that would make a test
> run of the script much easier.
>
> For my part, I would suggest adding (not just for MdeModulePkg)
> F: */ARM/*
> F: */AARCH64/*
> as maintained by myself and Ard.

* Under ArmVirtPkg, we distinguish "Xen modules":

R: Julien Grall <julien.gr...@arm.com>
   (Xen modules)

I hope that Ard can come up with a set of patterns for these modules. :)

* Under OvmfPkg, we distinguish:

R: Anthony Perard <anthony.per...@citrix.com>
   (Xen modules)
R: Julien Grall <julien.gr...@arm.com>
   (Xen modules)

and

R: Marc-André Lureau <marcandre.lur...@redhat.com>
   (TPM2 modules)
R: Stefan Berger <stef...@linux.ibm.com>
   (TPM2 modules)

For "Xen modules", I'd suggest:

F: OvmfPkg/AcpiPlatformDxe/Xen.c
F: OvmfPkg/Include/Guid/Xen*.h
F: OvmfPkg/Include/IndustryStandard/Xen/
F: OvmfPkg/Include/Library/Xen*.h
F: OvmfPkg/Include/Protocol/Xen*.h
F: OvmfPkg/Library/PciHostBridgeLib/XenSupport.c
F: OvmfPkg/Library/XenConsoleSerialPortLib/
F: OvmfPkg/Library/XenHypercallLib/
F: OvmfPkg/Library/XenIoMmioLib
F: OvmfPkg/PlatformPei/Xen.*
F: OvmfPkg/SmbiosPlatformDxe/*Xen.c
F: OvmfPkg/XenBusDxe/
F: OvmfPkg/XenIoPciDxe/
F: OvmfPkg/XenPvBlkDxe/

For "TPM2 modules":

F: OvmfPkg/Include/IndustryStandard/QemuTpm.h
F: OvmfPkg/Library/Tcg2PhysicalPresenceLib*/
F: OvmfPkg/Tcg/

Thanks
Laszlo