On 07/04/19 00:48, Desai, Imran wrote:
> Hello Lersek/ Leif,
>
> Like Lersek hinted, this in fact was an inadvertent issue with the git
> configuration.
> I suspect the suppresscc  in my configuration may have been the source of all
> confusion. My apologies.

That explains why the CC's didn't occur in reality. It doesn't excuse
that the series was pushed.

> I will send in a new version v5 of the full series of the patches.

Let's wait for the revert first, please.

> I appreciate all the help and comments. Thanks.
>
> PS:
>
> Being used to GitHub pull request methods where in all reviews and
> conversation happen on the same page i was a little thrown by this process to
> be honest. In any case as a first time contributor this was a hard way to
> find out. Perhaps it could be helpful to update the
> https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Development-Process.
>  Particularly the line "git send-email *.patch" could use further commentary
> regarding CC list.

https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Laszlo's-unkempt-git-guide-for-edk2-contributors-and-maintainers

In particular, the permanent git config given there does not include
"sendemail.suppresscc" at all, and contributor step#24 suggests,

git send-email         \
  --suppress-cc=author \
  --suppress-cc=self   \
  --suppress-cc=cc     \
  --suppress-cc=sob    \
  *.patch

Note that "bodycc" is specifically absent from this option list. That's
deliberate.

Also, now we have a script that automates most if not all of the
permanent git settings, for one's edk2 clone:
"BaseTools/Scripts/SetupGit.py".

Thanks
Laszlo