On 08/13/19 13:23, Roman Kagan wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:10:27AM +0200, Laszlo Ersek wrote:

>>> It doesn't :(  It just gets slightly further and hits another static
>>> pointer variable which is not part of the thread-local array:

>>>   Pkcs7Verify
>>>     EVP_add_digest
>>>       OBJ_NAME_add
>>>
>>> this one uses a few static pointer variables that are also initialized
>>> on demand and become stale upon SetVirtualAddressMap().
>>
>> So it looks like the issue can't be solved without making OpenSSL aware
>> of this use case.
>
> Is reloading the module from scratch ruled out completely?

Not my place to say authoritatively, but:
- it would be a first, as much as I can say,
- it would duplicate (in purpose) an existing facility.

Personally I'd expect it to be rejected, but it's not up to me. If
you're willing to "build one to (possibly) throw away", that could be
the most direct way to get authoritative (= maintainer) feedback.

Thanks
Laszlo