On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 15:09, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <phi...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/21/19 2:52 PM, Pete Batard wrote:
> > Hi Philippe,
> >
> > On 2019.10.21 13:28, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> >> Hi Pete,

> >> This change seems not related to the rest of your refactor.
> >
> > It is. See https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/49288
> >
> > The problem is we have no choice but to break the patch in two sections,
> > one that applies to edk2-platforms and the other to edk2-non-osi, since
> > these are separate repos, and the LogoDxe changes belong to non-osi.
> >
> > We need to have part of the non-osi patch that is applied to
> > edk2-platforms, and it would make little sense to break it down into the
> > non-osi related and platforms related, since it still relies on the
> > non-osi changes having been applied.
>
> I see.
>

> > If anything, I guess we could consider that the non-osi patch should
> > come first. Still, whatever we do here, as long as only one of non-osi
> > and platform is applied, builds are going to be broken, and there is no
> > way to fix that unless you do consider the set of platforms + non-osi as
> > a single patch.
>
> Agreed, this is a egg/chicken problem.

I dealt with this in the past by just making sure the non-osi and
platform changes are applied at the same time. So it is good to make
note of this in the cover letter, but other than that, there is no way
we can apply interdependent changes to two separate repositories at
the same time without either breaking bisect for one of them, or
making a huge effort to add temporary code, defines etc that will be
removed again right after the changes have landed.