Hi Laszlo,

The setting that is required is 'Watch' on the edk2 repo.
Navigate to the main page for the tianocore edk2 repo:

    https://github.com/tianocore/edk2

At the top of the page, there is a drop down called 'Watch'.
Select 'Watching - Be notified of all conversations.'

GitHub documentation on this feature:

https://help.github.com/en/github/receiving-notifications-about-activity-on-github/about-notifications#watching-notifications

Best regards,

Mike