From: Vladimir Olovyannikov <vladimir.olovyanni...@broadcom.com>
Sent: 12 December 2019 05:51 PM
To: Sami Mujawar <sami.muja...@arm.com>; Ard Biesheuvel
<ard.biesheu...@linaro.org>
Cc: devel@edk2.groups.io; nd <n...@arm.com>
Subject: RE: Debugging aarch64 edk2 built with gcc-8.x 64-bit arm compiler

Hi Sami,
Thank you for reply. I tried with the same 8.x compilers and still have issues
with symbols.
Building with gcc-6.3 - symbols and stacks are OK. Maybe, you have some docs on
how you load symbols, and I do it wrong?

[SAMI] I am using WSL (Windows subsystem for Linux) for building the firmware
and DS5 on a Windows host PC.
I am assuming you are using DS5 on a Linux host PC. I will try to recreate this
on a Linux PC.
[/SAMI]

Maybe you can point me to different DS5 python scripts?

[SAMI] I have used the DS5 'add-symbol-file' command to load the symbols. I
copy the edk2 serial log output and run in the DS5 command window.
e.g. I run the following command in DS5 command window to load the symbols:
        add-symbol-file
c:\workspace\Build\ArmVExpress-FVP-AArch64\DEBUG_GCC5\AARCH64\ArmPkg\Drivers\ArmGic\ArmGicDxe\DEBUG\ArmGicDxe.dll
 0xFAF05000
[/SAMI]

The present ones limit the path length to be 255 chars, and it provides wrong
add-symbol-line (truncates
filenames) if the path length exceeds 255.

[SAMI] I have requested our DS5 team for more information/help with this issue.
Can you let me know the DS5 version that you are using, please?
[/SAMI]

Thank you,
Vladimir

> Regards,
>
> Sami Mujawar

Ard, should I do similar for a real specific v8 board?