On 01/13/20 02:55, Gary Lin wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 12:32:02AM +0000, Yao, Jiewen wrote:
>> Hi Marc-André
>> Would you please share some information on how to use vTPM with QEMU?
>>
>> I saw https://github.com/stefanberger/qemu-tpm
>>
>> But I am not sure if that has been integrated to official QEMU release?
>>
> Actually the TPM document can be found in the qemu package:
> https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/docs/specs/tpm.txt

Ugh, I've completely forgotten that this file has a part dedicated to
starting up the swtpm program!

The text file itself is referenced near the top of
"OvmfPkg/Include/IndustryStandard/QemuTpm.h". Now that I looked again at
the text file, I only expected to see the device interface, and was
surprised by the "swtpm" instructions :)

> I also maintained a wiki page for openSUSE:
> https://en.opensuse.org/Software_TPM_Emulator_For_QEMU

Very nice.

Thanks!
Laszlo