On 2020.03.30 15:42, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 16:39, Pete Batard <p...@akeo.ie> wrote:

On 2020.03.30 15:34, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

Again, I am happy to merge this patch. The argument is about whether
we need to upgrade RPi4 to 6.3

Last time I checked, quite a few of the people who contributed code to
the platform were of the opinion that we did.

Then they are cordially invited to argue their position, preferably
using arguments.

I will re-send an e-mail to the group, off-list, so that you get an idea
of what the current stance is on that topic, and then decide whether
your want to uphold your current position.

Sure. I'd prefer on-list to be honest, but if you feel it needs to be
off-list, that is also fine.

I personally wouldn't mind on-list, but I'm not sure I want to catapult all the members of the ad-hoc group we gathered off-list into a sudden public discussion.

At any rate, provided that you happen to change your position, I'd expect other people who agree with your current view to chime in on-list, if they strongly disagree with a proposal that upgrades the platform to ACPI 6.3, and then we can discuss further.

Regards,

/Pete